RTS Ad

RTS Ad

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Re-Purposed Mini Vases



I just adore these sweet vases that the boys made the other day. I think they're especially cute when filled with the fistfuls of dandelions brought to me by my favorite 3 year old, who has become quite obsessed with picking every single flower he runs across for his Mama.


We started with a few empty and cleaned plastic yogurt smoothie containers (I think they were Danimals kids smoothies, but I've had them set aside for awhile, so I'm not 100% sure), some leftover tissue paper from Sutton's birthday presents, a couple of foam brushes and some glue.



We spread a thin layer of glue over the entire container. In Sutton's case, we spread the glue over the entire bottle, inside and out, simply because the glue part was way more fun for him than the actual tissue paper part.



We added layer upon layer of tissue paper, being sure to coat the outside of the tissue paper in a new layer of glue each time we added a new piece.



After the boys added all their tissue paper, I went back and made sure that all the paper was glue-coated and firmly adheared.



After the glue was dry, I coated the vases with a couple of layers of Mod Podge just to make them more durable and more water resistant since I knew we would be using them for flowers. Easy peasy, and cute to boot! :)